So I finally went to the River Safari with three of my friends. When we bought the tickets at the ticketing booth, we received a River Safari map that will serve as a guide for us to know where to go. There are many different types of attractions at
the river safari. Not only do we get to see different types of animals, we also
got the chance to see them up close with the Amazon River Quest. Besides seeing
them, we also get to touch them to experience how the animals feels like and
besides touching, there is also a chance to feed certain animals. At each
attraction, there will also be guides to explain the different types of animals
and where they come from.
One of the services that have been well presented
would be that there is a food and drink kiosk near each attraction that we went
to. This makes it very convenient for people who are hungry or thirsty as
spending the day at River Safari definitely makes you thirsty and it is
important to hydrate yourself constantly because of the humid weather as well.
Another feature that was well presented is that
visitors had a chance to take photos with a green screen that will show different
backgrounds. We will then get to view the photos after exiting the place and even
though I did not choose to buy the pictures as it was quite expensive, however
I feel that this is definitely a feature that was well presented.
Also, it is very useful when there are guidelines
and information at every attraction we went to. This broadens our understanding
of the animals and we got to learn something new along the way.
The attraction has been quite engaging for us, the visitors. Like I mentioned earlier on, there were guides along each attraction to tell us more about each animals. We are able to ask them questions as well if there is any. Also, as mentioned earlier on, we had the chance to feel or feed certain animals.
| The guide explaining to us |
| A staff feeding the animals |
| I had the chance to touch the starfish! |
| I forgot what reptile this is.. but I think it should be a lizard..? |
These forms of engagements are useful as it involves the visitors themselves as I am sure it would be boring without these engagements. At the entrance when we entered River Safari, there was a panda mascot that people could take pictures with. A staff had asked me and my friends if we wanted to take a picture but we were too shy so we declined.
But I do noticed that several families with children were very excited and were queuing up to take a picture with the mascot. This type of engagement actually makes people excited to start their journey at the attraction since it was at the entrance.
Since it was my first time at the River Safari, I was definitely excited as I do not know what to expect there. However though, I was mostly excited to see the pandas, Kai Kai and Jia Jia. I am sure I was not the only one who was excited.
We started our journey through the different rivers of the world such as the River Wonders, Mississippi River, Congo River etc.
| Our first stop at the River Wonders |
| A type of dove! |
I was really fascinated by the different types of sea animals that I did not know existed! Some were scary and some were cute! I had noticed that the other visitors, like me, were awed by the sea animals. Many were taking pictures after pictures, I am pretty sure that it was their first time there as well.
During my trip, I have also noticed a group of kindergarteners who were on a field trip as well. There was a guide showing them around and the children looked very interested in what they were learning. This tells me that attractions can not only give you new experiences and excitement, but also a platform for a learning experience as well.
Since we all knew that the most popular attraction of River Safari is definitely seeing the two pandas, I was expecting quite a lot of people snapping pictures.
True enough, there was quite a lot of people who were trying to get the perfect angle for a picture of the pandas. Because in order to not disturb them, we have to be very quiet inside. So even though it was a little crowded, it was not that bad still.
Not just children, even adults were excited to see the pandas. They are just too cute!
Next we move on to see Jia Jia.
Unfortunately, unlike Kai Kai who was busy eating and rolling around, Jia Jia was in dreamland. She was just sleeping, oblivious to us who were busy snapping pictures again.
After visiting the pandas, there is also a souvenir shop with pandas related items where people can buy. There were hats, water bottles, t shirts, soft toys etc. Definitely a panda heaven for panda lovers!
Apart from the pandas, the next feature that I was excited about would be the Amazon River Quest ride. I did not mind paying the extra $5 because I wanted to see what the ride had to offer.
Other visitors there were also resting, enjoying the perfect view. I feel that this is the perfect place to end our journey as it is air conditioned as well therefore after the whole day of exploring River Safari in the humid weather, the Amazon Flooded Forest is the best place to end.
Oh and we got to see the cute otters family as well! Just before exiting the Amazon Flooded Forest.
After visiting the pandas, there is also a souvenir shop with pandas related items where people can buy. There were hats, water bottles, t shirts, soft toys etc. Definitely a panda heaven for panda lovers!
Apart from the pandas, the next feature that I was excited about would be the Amazon River Quest ride. I did not mind paying the extra $5 because I wanted to see what the ride had to offer.
Because it was still quite early in the morning, there was no queue at all for the ride. Overall I enjoyed the ride even though several of the animals could not be seen. Along the way, there was a recording that introduced the different animals to us. We were able to see animals such as the jaguars, flamingos etc.
Being able to see the animals up close during the ride definitely made the $5 that I paid worth it, here is a video of my journey at the Amazon River Quest.
We also got to see the adorable squirrel monkeys. They were very close to us and were running around on the railings. I made sure to stay quiet so as to not get their attention just in case they decide to attack whew.
Now, one thing that disappointed me was the River Safari Cruise. I feel like this is the only feature of the attraction that is boring. To me at least.
Reading the map, all I knew that that we will get to ride along Seletar Reservoir. I was already quite tired by the time I was waiting. Plus, the weather was quite hot as it was already about 12 noon. By the time it was our turn to board, we were tired and it was humid. Also, the sun was glaring harshly on us and I found myself yawning constantly.
Even when the cruise started, all of us felt quite bored as there was nothing special to see except for the few giraffes that we spotted from the zoo side.
Other than that, there was nothing else to see. To me, it felt like I wasted 15 minutes. Being tired, humid with the sun glaring down made the cruise ride extremely boring.
We ended our journey at the Amazon Flooded Forest which was the perfect place to end the trip to be honest. It was because we could just sit down and stare at the huge tank or aquarium that has all the fishes in it.
Other visitors there were also resting, enjoying the perfect view. I feel that this is the perfect place to end our journey as it is air conditioned as well therefore after the whole day of exploring River Safari in the humid weather, the Amazon Flooded Forest is the best place to end.
Oh and we got to see the cute otters family as well! Just before exiting the Amazon Flooded Forest.
| enjoying a relaxing swim under the humid weather! |

No comments:
Post a Comment